The Queen of Rap has solidified her throne over and over again. Like in the Series such as Vikings and Game of Thrones, her crown has been challenged brutally, and at times, it seemed to be without valid reasons. They wanted her gone. In fact, they’ve been wanting to dethrone Nicki Minaj since the year 2012.
Luckily, they’re not dealing with just a rapper, but with a social justice advocate. A fighter who advocates for what is right and what is due. In fact, she has single-handedly led and won victories which has assured and ensured the rights of artists. Today many of her opponents bask in the rays of her hard work. She’s successfully won battles over rights for artists against many of the rules that were placed by organisations such as Billboard. For example, artists in America are able to earn higher royalties, higher recognition levels, and according to what they truly deserve. It’s all thanks to the generous queen, Nicki Minaj.
Nicki Hate Train
In her victories, she has had to fight against the same people that she wanted to help. That is, her peers in the entertainment industry. Many of her peers publicly ridiculed, rejected, and humiliated her through all of her efforts. Even more so during the period of the Nicki Hate Train. We all remember how males such as T.I. minimised the Legacy of Nicki Minaj. For example, T.I. built a throne and divided it into 2 sides. He stated that one side belonged to the reigning champ, Nicki Minaj; a Legend who has been in the rap game for over 15 years now, with 4 successful Albums, and over 100 features. T.I then claimed that the second half on the throne belonged to Cardi B, who has only 1 album, and at the time had been in the industry for less than 2 years.
Now if that is not disrespect, I don’t know what it is.
The Nicki Hate Train had female faces. It was branded as a female battle, in which every female was going for the crown against Nicki Minaj. Of course, due to her talent, pen game, and articulation, Nicki won those battles. Nicki Minaj has come out as an undefeated winner even from the war that was supposedly created to crown Cardi B. Thar War — with Cardi B’s — did indeed see the Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj, lose lots of blood. She bled, she got bruised and wounded, but then like the strong Queen she is, she came out of that war alive and much stronger.
Many of those who deserted Nicki Minaj during the hate train are coming back to her again. Like the generous queen that she is, she is forgiving everyone left right and centre, and moving on to continue to fight for them, …or rather in her words, ‘take them TO FREEDOM‘.
Some of the people who have publicly humiliated or rejected Nicki Minaj include, and are not limited to:
- Remy Ma — Remy was one of the leaders or faces of the Nicki Minaj Hate Train. She went to the Wendy Williams Show and accused Nicki of being ‘the bad guy’ who was ‘stealing bags’ from other artists.
- Cardi B — Cardi is a queen to and/or of: Lil Kim, Halle Berry, and T.I. They are some of the very few people who have publicly announced Cardi as their queen. We all remember that Cardi B threw a shoe at The Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj …also it was at a high classed event. Some remember that attack and provocation as ‘ghetto‘. Apparently, Cardi B had attacked the Queen Nicki Minaj because hse claimed that Nicki was ‘the bad guy’.
- Lil Kim — Kim was the first opponent to Nicki Minaj. Her opposition was understood and respected in the game because she was the reigning queen when Nicki entered the game. In fact, Nicki challenged and won the rap crown against Lil Kim, taking her reign as the Queen of Rap. In simple words Nicki Minaj dethroned Lil Kim. Of course, Lil Kim was not going to be happy about that.
- Iggy Azalea — Iggy was signed under T.I. when she first came into the rap game. She, like many other girls, challenged Nicki’s throne and failed.
- Megan Thee Stallion — Nicki Minaj embraced Megan Stallion, doing a feature with her. But soon after, Megan was accused of shading Nicki Minaj.
The most interesting detail about these battles is that Nicki Minaj has worked and collaborated with all of her public opponents. Of course, some records were never released, perhaps due to the battles. But the generous Queen has shared her palace with these people, who in turn vomited on her expensive garments, and tormented her Legacy with nothing but malice.
Nicki Minaj, the Queen of Rap, is yet to receive her well-deserved Grammy’s. But that’s another War in which she found herself entangled because of being opinions and supposedly of being an assertive advocate of what is right and due.
Lessons from Nicki Minaj
We have seen many times in our lives that as soon as you make super progress, some people will be dissatisfied. Your progress or power will cause them much anguish. Consequently, they will want to turn you off, especially if you’re a woman. Even worse if you’re a black woman.
In this video, Nicki Minaj is showing us the leader that she really is. In a few words, she is teaching us how to stand up for ourselves, particularly in the most roughest times. She is telling us that at times, to get the work done, we need to swim in the dirt. She is saying that everything that is glittering and shiny reaches a point of pause when there are human rights at stake.
Today let’s choose to do the work, fight for our crown, and then after bask in the sun with our crown on our head.
You must be logged in to post a comment.